Packing Disney essentials for a vacation at Walt Disney World is crazy. You have to think about so many things that you wouldn’t normally think about, like the amount of walking required to get from your resort to the bus, to the ferry, to Magic Kingdom (It’s A LOT!). You also have to try to plan for every scenario you can think of, like blisters, rain, and the unforgiving Florida sun. I have been to Disney tons of times, and below are the things that I cannot do Disney without!
- Comfortable shoes: I cannot stress this enough, you will not feel cute in heels if you are hobbling line the hunchback of Notre Dame. Toms are my favorite option because you can dress them up or down depending on what you are doing.
2. A Backpack: Trust me, lugging around a purse or a diaper bag will result in awkwardness, and shoulder pain after an entire day in the parks. Have a good backpack that you can wear on both shoulders while at Disney. Make sure to unzip all the pockets are the security checks. I love this Disney Vera Bradly one!
- Ponchos: It rains in Florida…A LOT. Don’t get caught in the rain unprepared every afternoon. Have some ponchos in your backpack that you can easily slip on, and go about your Disney day. I suggest bringing your own to avoid having to buy them in the parks $$$.
- Spray Sunblock: In my opinion, the spray sunblock is just easier. Any way that I can avoid squirming children, is a plus in my book!
6: Hair Ties: If you are like me, you will want your hair up and off your neck in the Florida heat. Bonus tip…bring one for your day at Animal Kingdom to throw at the top of Expedition Everest! You will see why when you get up there!
- Water: Don’t get stuck buying an expensive bottle of water in the parks. Bring a refillable water bottle and ask for some ice at a counter service restaurant or snack bar.
10: Extra Socks: There are several water rides on Disney property, and also like I mentioned before, it rains nearly every day in Orlando. Having an extra pair of socks is a fantastic idea for when you get wet.
There you have it, my top 10 Disney essentials for your next vacation! This post may contain affiliate links, which come at no extra cost to you.